Friday, December 24, 2010

Valley Vet

As you all know, I work at the Cherokee vet. I have for about a year and a half and I just love my job there!
Things have been going really good the past few weeks...I've gotten to go and watch surgeries a few times this month and it's been really fun!!
We have had quite a few interesting animals come through the vet. Like this cat ("Snickers") that got hit by a car and broke his pelvis...a few days later, he came back to the vet because his front legs stopped working. This cat was paralyzed! We had to spoon feed him, he couldn't go to the bathroom on his own and he was just a mess. I think they ended up putting him down...which was the best thing to do!!
We've also had some really cute strays! Faye (she works for my parents) just adopted our favorite one, a German shepherd/Chow mix.
It's been a lot of fun working with all these animals...getting to do what I love!! Even though it can get really stressful at times. God has truly blessed me...with this job, my co-workers, bosses, the animals, and everything I've been learning!!
Here is the cat that was paralyzed...I got to spoon feed him one day.

This is Faye's dog, "Maggie"

This cat got in a fight...we had to flush out his wounds.
That's what he looked like after the surgery.
Flushing "battle wounds" are probably the messiest surgeries,
at least that I have seen!


Dr. Benson's cat, "Tigger"...she stays at the vet all the time.
I enjoy seeing her every time I work!


1 comment:

  1. It is too bad that paralyzed cat had to die, bbut I guess it was suffering. You get a lot of cool animal pictures Nichole.

    ReplyDelete