Thursday, December 2, 2010

Roxy

I knew this dog named Roxy,
Sometimes she could act a little foxy

She had eyes of brown,
And a coat of yellow,
She never wore a frown

She loved to play,
And tackle Callie,
Whatever time of day

I had so much fun taking care of her,
Watching her play, eat,
And petting her soft fur

Even though I didn't know her that well,
I have some great stories to tell

And from the very start,
She has left a paw print on my heart

This poem is in memory of Roxy Irwin. A beautiful Yellow Lab.
I took care of her and Callie (another Lab) a few times in the past year or two.
Even though I didn't know her nearly as well as her owners,
she was very special to me! I loved her so much!
Roxy died because of old age...it broke my heart to hear that.
But I'm just so thankful that she got to be a part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment