Friday, September 10, 2010

Why?

My family and I have been doing a lot of traveling lately...honestly I'm sick of being gone! I've really enjoyed the trips though. That's why I haven't been posting lately. We arrived in Chicago (again) 2 hours ago and are now getting ready for bed...yes it really is after midnight.
Anyway, this will be our last time seeing Bethany before she leaves for England. For some reason I've gotten this horrible rash all over my body...it's not a big suprise because I've suffered with rashes a lot. But this one really hurts.
I'm also so tired and my stomach kind of hurts, my head hurts, stuff like that.
I've been asking myself, "Why am I complaining to my mom...she can't exactually help me and this is our last time to see Bethany...why is it always about me?" I need to constantly tell myself, "It's not about me, it's about others. It's not about me but about God."
But I've been struggling with that...I want someone to feel sorry for me, I want someone to give me attention...especially during a time when it's not about me!!
Why is it that we're always so selfish...why does it always have to be about me? I have to ask God to change my mindset so that I'm only focused on Him.
And for now that's all I can do...pray, read the Bible, and thank God for everything He has given me!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you Nichole .You have the right idea pray first,read the bible and go to bed!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts Nichole. You have matured so much in Christ over the years! I love seeing you change into a woman after His heart!

    ReplyDelete